Who We Are
Holy child secondary school, isuafia is a first class mission co-educational school. Arguably, it is the most prestigious catholic secondary school in the catholic diocese of Awka. Established in 1996. Holy Child has maintained an enviable record in discipline, human, spiritual and character formation, academic excellence, talent development, etc and remains a school to beat.
With a re-modelled unique system of formation of formation Holy Child offers all her students (especially boarders) a holistic and balanced formation tha draws out the best in the child and equips him/her with for the challenges of life tomorrow. With years of outstanding records in WASSCE, NECO, UTME & BECE and immediate transition of many of our students to tertiary institutions and geometrically increasing list of professionals in all spheres of life. Holy Child is not just an option, but your best choice.
WHAT MAKES HOLY CHILD SECONDARY SCHOOL UNIQUE.
- MANAGEMENT: Purpose driven, visionary and focused with revised approaches, wholesome innovations and focused with revised approaches, wholesome innovations and initiatives; inter alia 5 Catholic priests including 2 confessors.
- STAFF STREINGHT: Over 80 qualified, dedicated tutorial staff most of whom are University degree holders.
- FEES: Affordable: as a catholic mission school guided by the spirit of evangelization, the fees are moderate to make it affordable.
- SPIRITUAL EXERCISE: Daily Masses/prayers/rosary, regular reception of sacraments, membership of a religious society compulsory for each student, retreat, etc [applicable to boarders only].
- SECURITY: Tight – A high perimeter fence; guarded by a security outfit.
- FORMATION MODEL: Adapt ted from seminary formation supported by modern techniques in psychology as well as guidance and counselling.
- FEEDING: 3 good meals are given to student daily. A special diet is provided for those with peculiar health challenges [applicable to boarder only ].
- SCHOOL CANTEEN: The USE OF PROVISION IS PROHIBITED, however, the school canteen provides a range of snacks, biscuits, drinks and edibles that students can buy at affordable prices.
- POCKET MONEY/ SCHOOL CURRENCY: The school has her own currency for internal use only and operates a financial management system. You are to pay N5,000 compulsorily into the school account as pocket money for your child which will be credited into his/ her passbook. Your child will access the money from time to time (as approved) for his/ her needs.
- HEALTH SCHEME (For boarders only): With a termly premium of N2,000, sick students are adequately taken care of at the school clinic. The clinic has a visiting doctor (2x a week), 2 resident auxiliary nurses, etc. and a referral hospital. Parents are contacted if need be.
- COMPUTER TRAINING/ COMPUTER BASED TEST: In addition to 3years of computer studies (JS1-3), all students of Holy child shall undergo regular computer training in the course of their secondary education so as to make them computer literate. They shall also enjoy computer based internal examinations.
- ENRICHING SCHOOL ACTIVITIES: Intensive revision/ preps for exam class, career day, various clubs (Science, Arts, Dramatic, Debate, French etc ), inter-house sports, cultural groups, talent development, etc.
- REMEDIAL CLASSES/ AUGUST & XMAS EXTENSION: Special programme for ‘slow’ starters and exam class respectively.
- EXTRA-MURAL LESSONS: Compulsory for struggling students ; optional of all others –on payment of a small token.
RESULTS: Accessed through the internet 2 wks after closure of each term using the school scratch card; on demand, parents can pick same from the school.
- TRANSPORTATION: At a minimum cost, day students are transported to and fro school daily. During mid-term break or holidays, transportation is arranged for students travelling to Lagos, Benin, Aba, PH, Abuja, etc. Read More...